Great success in the protection of Great Bustards
In July 2016 the fifth major EU co-funded LIFE project with the aim to protect Great Bustards in Central Europe has been granted.
From 2004 to 2015 four LIFE projects have already been successfully implemented and the central European population of Great Bustards recovered from fatal decreasing.
Overview of the previous LIFE projects for the protection of Great Bustards in Central Europe
- The fifth LIFE project is approved in the period 2016-2023, the first cross-border project in Austria and Hungary
- The fourth LIFE + project from 2010 to 2015 in Austria
- The third LIFE project from 2005-2010 in Austria
- The second LIFE project from 2005-2009 in Slovakia
- The first LIFE project from 2004-2008 in Hungary.